Admission Requirements – MHI
Students entering the MHI program will register in the Institute of Health Policy, Management, and Evaluation. Candidates will be admitted to the MHI under the general regulations of the School of Graduate Studies.
Required background includes:
- an appropriate four year undergraduate degree (e.g., Health Sciences or Social Sciences specialty, Regulated Health Professions in Ontario, Computer Science or Information Science Specialty) or its equivalent, from a recognized university. A B+ average in the last academic year is required.
- demonstrated English language proficiency.
Preference will be given to candidates with relevant professional experience, e.g.,
- health services professionals (e.g., manager or administrator),
- health sciences/clinical practitioners with demonstrated basic literacy and/or programming skills in computer applications relevant to the health sector, or
- computer or information technologists and specialists within a health care setting or health software vendor.
Applicants without this experience may also be eligible. If you have questions about the applicability of your experience and/or suitability for the program, please contact the Program Director, Julia Zarb (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The application process includes supplying email addresses of two referees, and uploading a CV, a letter of intent and a scan of transcripts.
- Letters of intent should demonstrate how you have developed a vision and understanding of health informatics through your own research initiatives,life, word and/or career experiences.