Kadia Petricca

Kadia PetriccaPhD (University of Toronto)
MSc (London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, University of London)
HBSc (University of Toronto)

k.petricca@mail.utoronto.ca

Faculty Supervisors: Monika Kastner & Rhonda Cockerill

Research Interests

Global health
Health service delivery and access
Vulnerable and marginalized populations
Knowledge translation
Implementation science
Qualitative methods

Professional Interests

I am a health services and policy researcher with over 13 years experience working on a variety of global health issues; largely in Africa. My interests and expertise have focused on projects related to community-based programming, health services utilization, implementation science and knowledge translation. During my doctoral research, I was interested in understanding the barriers and facilitators associated with policy implementation. I collaborated with the Ethiopian Ministry of Health to investigate various system-level factors influencing the implementation of the district health sector planning strategy. I later worked as a Research Associate for Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health where I, along with our team, collaborated with the Tanzanian Ministry of Health and Social Welfare to assist the government in the implementation of a national community health worker policy.

I am also passionate about working to strengthen health service delivery to rural/remote and vulnerable populations. I have also sat on the International Global Rheumatic Heart Disease (RHD) Roadmap Writing Committee, which produced the Global RHD Roadmap.

Most recently I am CIHR Post-Doctoral Health System Impact Fellow at the University of Toronto and North York General Hospital, where I will be working with a team to assess the usability of a web-based platform for the management of multiple co-morbidities among older adults.

I hold a PhD in health services research and health policy from the Institute of Health Planning, Management, and Evaluation at the University of Toronto, and a Masters of Public Health in Developing Countries from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.