Dr. Evans is a Staff Scientist in the Enhanced Program Evaluation Unit at Cancer Care Ontario (CCO), where she leads a research program on health system performance management and supports efforts in integrated care and symptom management for both the cancer and renal systems.
Her research examines how the characteristics of healthcare organizations, their leaders, and staff contribute to their ability to work collaboratively to implement change and improve the quality and integration of care. She is particularly interested in studying social and psychological factors influencing performance using qualitative, survey and mixed methods.
Additional Recent Publications
- Evans J, Grudniewicz A, Baker GR, Wodchis W. (2016). Organizational Capabilities for Integrating Care: A Review of Measurement Tools. Evaluation and the Health Professions, DOI:10.1177/0163278716665882.
- Evans J, Grudniewicz A, Baker GR, Wodchis W. (2016). Organizational Capabilities for Integrating Care: A Framework for Improvement. International Journal of Integrated Care, 16(3). Available at: http://www.ijic.org/articles/10.5334/ijic.2416/
- Evans, J., Daub, S., Goldhar, J., Wojtak, A. & Purbhoo, D. (2016). Leading Integrated Health and Social Care Systems: Perspectives from Research and Practice. Healthcare Quarterly, 18(4).
- Evans, J., Grudniewicz, A., Wodchis, W., & Baker, G.R. (2015). Leading the implementation of Health Links in Ontario. Healthcare Papers, 14(2), 21-25.
- Evans, J., Brown, S., & Baker, G.R. (2015) Intellectual Capital in the Healthcare Sector: A Review & Critique of the Literature. BMC Health Services Research 15: 556. Available at: http://bmchealthservres.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12913-015-1234-0
- Evans, J., Qui, M., MacKinnon, M. Green, E., Peterson, K., & Kaizer, L. (2015). A Multi-Method Review of Home-Based Chemotherapy. European Journal of Cancer Care, 25(5), DOI:10.1111/ecc.12408.
- Evans, J., Baker, R., & Berta, W. (2015) Culture and Cognition in Health Systems Change. Journal of Health Organization and Management, 29(7), 874-892.
- Evans, J., Baker, R., Berta, W. and Barnsley, J. (2014). A Cognitive Perspective on Health Systems Integration: Results of a Canadian Delphi Study. BMC Health Services Research. 14: 222. Available at: http://www.biomedcentral.com/content/pdf/1472-6963-14-222.pdf
- Evans, J., Baker, R., Berta, W., & Barnsley, J. (2013). The Evolution of Integrated Healthcare Strategies. In J. Goes, G. Savage, & L. Friedman (Eds), Annual Review of Health Care Management: Revisiting the Evolution of Health Systems Organization (Advances in Health Care Management, Volume 15). Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 125-162.