nutritional child health promotion, evaluation and advancement of evidence informed practice, medical decision making, determinants of child health
Dr. Jonathon Maguire is an Associate Professor of Pediatrics at the University of Toronto, a scientist in the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute of St. Michael’s Hospital and a staff pediatrician in the Department of Pediatrics at St. Michael’s Hospital with an active pediatric hospitalist and outpatient clinical practice. His research interests focus on clinical trials involving nutrition and development in young children as well as the creation of tools to facilitate evidence informed child health practice in the primary care setting. He is a lead investigator in the Canadian primary care practice based research network for children called TARGet Kids! and is currently involved in a number of CIHR funded cohort imbedded trials. He was the recipient of the 2012 Samuel J. Fomon Young Physician Award from the American Society of Nutrition, the 2013 Canadian Paediatric Society Young Investigator Award, a 2013 Canadian Institutes of Health Research New Investigator Award and a 2014 Ontario Ministry of Research and Innovation Early Research Award.
- Scientist, Applied Health Research Centre of the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, St. Michael's Hospital
- Scientist, Keenan Research Centre of the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute of St. Michael's Hospital
- Project Investigator,Sick Kids Research Institute
- Staff Pediatrician, Department of Pediatrics, St. Michael's Hospital
- Associate Professor, Departments of Pediatrics, University of Toronto