Development and implementation of innovative models of care, interprofessional practice, and quality and safety systems to foster patient-centered outcomes. Expertise in creating evidence based practice and mechanisms to operationalize mission of academic health science centers.
Karima Velji is a member of the community providing groundbreaking perspectives and inspiring contributions that define IHPME
- Sigma Theta Tau Excellence in Administration award
- University of Toronto Distinguished Alumni Award
- OHA Margaret Comack Award of Excellence in Nursing Leadership
- Award of Excellence in Teaching from the Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing at University of Toronto.
- Vice-President, Clinical Services, Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences
- Principal, Karima Velji & Associates
- Vice-Chair, Board of Directors, Accreditation Canada
- Past Vice-President, Mental Health Services for London Health Sciences Centre and St. Joseph’s Health Care London
- Past President/CEO, Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care
- Past President and Vice-Chair, Board of Directors, Canadian Nurses Association