Development and implementation of innovative models of care, interprofessional practice, and quality and safety systems to foster patient-centered outcomes. Expertise in creating evidence based practice and mechanisms to operationalize mission of academic health science centers.
Karima Velji is a member of the community providing groundbreaking perspectives and inspiring contributions that define IHPME
- Sigma Theta Tau Excellence in Administration award
- University of Toronto Distinguished Alumni Award
- OHA Margaret Comack Award of Excellence in Nursing Leadership
- Award of Excellence in Teaching from the Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing at University of Toronto.
- President/CEO, Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care
- President/Chair of the Board of Directors, Karima Velji & Associates
- Vice Chair, Canadian Nurses Association
- Board of Directors of Accreditation Canada