- Primary Care Health Services Research
- Using primary care electronic medical record for health services research
- Access to Primary care
- Primary care wait times
- Dementia care in primary care
- Care for seniors
- Coordination of care across the health care continuum
- Chronic disease performance indicators
I am a family physician practicing with the Sunnybrook Academic Family Health Team. I have an older practice and I also do house calls for housebound patients.
- Associate Professor and Clinician-Scientist, Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Toronto
- Senior Core Scientist and Co-Lead EMR Strategy, Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences
- Associate Scientist, Sunnybrook Research Institute
- Staff Family Physician, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
Additional Recent Publications
December 9, 2011, Long gaps seen between visit to specialist and resulting report. Medical Post.
October 15, 2013 – print, EMRs do not decrease billings for family doctors – L. Jaakkimainen, SE Schultz, K Tu.
Health & Healthcare News, Longwoods.com
October 17, 2013, EMRs do not decrease billings for doctors. Medical Post
January 21, 2014, The case of the missing notes.Medical Post
February 6, 2014 – print, First-ever measurement shows wait times before seeing specialists. Ottawa Citizen & Montreal Gazettte
February 7, 2014 – radio, Medical specialist wait times. Metro Morning, CBC Radio
February 7, 2014 – print, Medical special wait times longer than thought: study. Toronto Star
December 1, 2014 - also in print, Hospital discharge notices: stuck in the system. Medical Post