I am interested in learning how the Web can be used to generate unique data streams globally to measure and track return on investment for health and social policy. I am interested in disruptive data acquisition and analysis tools can be used to alleviate the burden of mental illness and other global health system challenges.
My company and patents, originally used for government-commissioned pandemic surveillance and other research in Canada, has been commercialized and been recognized as disruptive and valuable for privacy-compliant data collection and monitoring by organizations such the World Bank, governments, corporations and other high-data sensitivity global organizations. Our company won the 2013 IIeX award in Philadelphia for the most disruptive online data collection company and debuted in 2014 as among the Top 50 innovative research companies in the world as judged by over 900 peer companies. Our work in global data philanthropy has been recognized globally, presented at the Opening Government Summit in the UK, and in a series of White Papers by open data experts at the World Bank. We are especially proud of our global social impact work in measuring rates of perceived mental health stigma around the world, youth mental health awareness, and civic engagement across Africa and the Mideast.
- Listed in Canadian Who's Who (Univ. of Toronto) (2002-)
- Finalist for the Donner Book Prize (2012 for XXL: Obesity and the Limits of Shame)
- 2012 Association of American University Presses "Outstanding" Designation ("essential editions to most library collections") for XXL: Obesity and the Limits of Shame (Univ. of Toronto Press)
- 2013 IIeX Most Disruptive Data Company (awarded in Philadelphia)
- 2014 NGMR Data Disruptor Award (awarded in Boca Raton)
- 2014 Voted "20 Global Researchers to Watch": Survey Magazine
- 2015 Technology Trendsetter Award: Survey Magazine
Additional Recent Publications
Neil Seeman, Alton Ing, Lenny Murphy (2013). 2013 GRIT Consumer Participation in Research Report: A Study of Survey-Takers in 200+ Countries and Regions around the World. New York AMA Communication Services and Greenbook. Retrieved October 20, 2013.
Neil Seeman and Eric Meerkamper (2012). Smarter Data: Eliciting Insights from the Cloud. Crédit Agricole Securities. Retrieved October 20, 2013.