- Facilitating constructive discussions between health care providers and policy makers toward solving complex problems in the health system.
- Enhancing the training of physicians to allow them to better understand public policy and gain leadership skills to better enable their ability to positively influence public policy and health system change.
- Finding ways to better leverage local government as a key asset for enhancing population health.
- Former Senior Administrative Leader responsible for founding of BC Women’s Hospital and Health Centre from a merger of the former Grace Hospital and the Women’s Health Centre in Shaughnessy Hospital;
- Former Principal Investigator and Executive Sponsor of the BC Centre of Excellence in Women’s Health;
- Deputy Minister of Health, Province of British Columbia (2001-2006);
- City Manager, City of Vancouver (2008-2015);
- Fellow of Canadian Academy of Health Sciences;
- Clinical Professor Emeritus, Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology, University of British Columbia;
- Former Board Director, Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research 2000-2003;
- Former Board Director, CIHR Institute for Gender and Health;
- former Co-Chair, Federal Provincial Conference of Deputy Ministers of Health of Canada;
- Former Board Director, Canadian Institute Health Information.