Evidence synthesis, knowledge synthesis (meta-analysis, systematic reviews), clinical effectiveness, medical decision-making, knowledge transfer, health services delivery, children's health.
Prakesh Shah is adjunct faculty and Professor in the Institute of Health Policy, Management, and Evaluation at the University of Toronto. Dr. Shah’s research is focused on measuring and improving the health and quality of care provided to vulnerable preterm and sick term neonates. He has published over 200 peer-reviewed articles addressing topics related to care improvement for neonates, outcomes research, international comparisons and large databases. He is a methodological expert in synthesizing evidence from diverse groups pf studies in all areas of health care.
- Neonatologist and Clinical Epidemiologist, Mount Sinai Hospital
- Associate Staff, Neonatology, Toronto Hospital for Sick Children
- Professor, Department of Paediatrics, University of Toronto
- CIHR Applied Research Chair, Reproductive and Child Health Services and Policy Research
- Director, Canadian Neonatal Network.