Clinical Epidemiology & Health Care Research
IHPME has an international reputation for excellence in health services and decision sciences research. In the area of Clinical Epidemiology and Health Care Research, the Institute’s faculty includes leading researchers spanning multiple departments, disciplines and institutions and represents a wide range of methodological and clinical skills.
Faculty research interests include: clinical effectiveness, clinical economics, pharmacoeconomics, medical decision-making, health technology assessment, drug and health services utilization, health policy and global health. Research conducted by IHPME faculty spans various populations (e.g., geriatrics, pediatrics) and care settings (e.g., inner city, emergency, work place).
Affiliated Research Centres and Institutes
IHPME Faculty members are leaders in clinical and health services research in the following hospitals and research institutes across the Greater Toronto Area:
- Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences (ICES)
- Institute for Work and Health (IWH)
- Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute
- Ontario Cancer Institute, Princess Margaret Hospital, UHN
- Toronto General Research Institute, UHN
- Hospital for Sick Children Research Institute
- Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital
- Sunnybrook Research Institute
- Women’s College Research Institute
- Centre for Research on Inner City Health, St. Michael’s Hospital
- MD/PHD at University of Toronto