Welcome to Health Law in Canada (“HLCJ”), a successful publication that has been in existence since 1979. It is published by Lexis Nexis Canada Inc. and operates in partnership with IHPME.
Due to the evolving nature of health law in Canada, HLCJ was revamped in 2015 to target a diverse national audience. Specifically, the goals of Health Law in Canada are to:
- increase diversity in authorship and encourage collaborations
- encourage diverse readership across healthcare, legal and government/policy sectors
- stimulate innovation in the health sector
- ensure relevance to the health sector
- include content that is current, forward thinking and that shapes the future of health law and policy in Canada
- Original peer-reviewed articles
- Case comments related to law and health
- Letters to the editor
- Book reviews
Please see the “Author Submission” page for more details.
Although we are primarily a legal publication, we encourage submissions from the non-legal healthcare community, government and corporate institutions. HLCJ is published four times a year:
With an editorial board that includes professionals from across the legal and policy sector and expert peer-reviewers with specific knowledge on healthcare issues, HLCJ will ensure that each article meets first-rate standards for publication.