The North American Observatory on Health Systems and Policies (NAO) is a collaborative partnership of interested researchers, research organizations, governments, and health organizations promoting evidence-informed health system policy decision-making. Due to the high degree of health system decentralization in the United States and Canada, the NAO is committed to focusing considerable attention to state and provincial health systems and to creating a foundation for more systematic health system and policy comparisons among substates.
- North American COVID-19 Policy Response Monitor
- Health System Response Monitor (HSRM)
- Canada’s response to the COVID-19 Pandemic (HEPL blog series: Country Responses to the Covid19 Pandemic)
- British Columbia’s Response to the Coronavirus Pandemic (HEPL blog series: Country Responses to the Covid19 Pandemic)
- Ontario’s Response to the Coronavirus Pandemic (HEPL blog series: Country Responses to the Covid19 Pandemic)
- Nova Scotia Health System Profile – [PDF] available open access
- Book co-edited by Greg Marchildon on Universality and Social Policy in Canada
- NAO Newsletter – May 2020
- NAO partners with WHO on COVID-19 information sharing
- Canada Copes with COVID-19: SAIS Webinar
- May 27 – Forum of Federations: Federalism and the Corona-Crisis: International Experiences
Visit our NAO Lecture Series & Events page for lecture recordings.
- April 28 – NAO Webinar Lecture Series: HealthPros – Erica Barbazza
- March 26 – NAO Webinar Lecture Series: Neil Seeman
- February 27 – NAO Lecture Series: Peter Berman