Dr. Paula Rochon is one of the leading Canadian health-services researchers in the field of aging. Her groundbreaking research applies a sex and gender lens to explore how medical therapies impact the health of older adults with multiple conditions, particularly women who make up the majority of this demographic. In addition, Dr. Rochon recognizes the importance of mentorship to help build the capacity of health researchers in the area of aging. She is seeking a highly motivated trainee, who will play a key role in research designed to promote health and wellness in older women and men, with a particular emphasis on women. Much of the research will focus on using population level data to identify opportunities to improve the health of older adults.
Clinical effectiveness, technology assessment/drug utilization, health services delivery, community and home care, chronic/LTC, public and population health, elderly, women's health.
- Professor, Division of Geriatric Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
- Professor of Medicine, Clinical Epidemiology Program, University of Toronto
- Adjunct Scientist, Kunin-Lunenfeld Applied Research Unit, Baycrest
- Staff Geriatrician, Baycrest
- Vice-President Research and Senior Scientist, Women's College Research Institute
- Senior Scientist, Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences