- Step 1: Activate Account
Activate your UTORid, password and University of Toronto email account.
- Step 2: Sign into ACORN
Make sure your information (permanent address, etc.) is up to date including your utoronto email address in ACORN. ACORN is the University of Toronto’s student information portal. Acorn is where students enrol in courses, check fees and finances and do other records and registration tasks such as making updates to address and contact information.
- Step 3: Documents
Submit official sealed or official e-transcripts. Transcripts must be submitted by the end of August for programs that start in September, and by May for programs that start in June.
Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation
University of Toronto
Health Sciences Building
155 College Street, 4th Floor, Suite 425
Toronto, ON M5T 3M6
Or, have your university email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Step 4: Attend Orientation
- Step 5: Program Information
See roadmaps and welcome emails for specific program information and due dates. Program List
- Step 6: UofT Onboarding
Review the New Students Checklist to learn about setting up your TCard and how to access libraries and other services.
|Incoming Student Course Enrolment Process
|First year CEHCR students will automatically be enrolled in HAD5301H that takes place in July and August. Enrolment details for fall and winter will be provided at a later point.
|Incoming HPER students must have their Intake Meetings with their supervisor(s) before fall course enrolment begins in mid-August.
|Incoming HSR students must have their Intake Meetings with their supervisor and Emphasis Leads before fall course enrolment begins in mid-August. Winter course enrollment will begin in mid-October
|MHI and EMHI students are automatically enrolled in all courses (except for electives). Elective course enrolment information will be provided prior to the term where electives are offered (see MHI / EMHI Roadmap for more information).
|Incoming MHSc students will be enrolled in their fall (block 1) and winter (block 2) courses.
|Incoming QIPS students will automatically be enrolled in core courses. Elective course enrolment information will be provided prior to the winter term (see QIPS Roadmap for more information).
|Incoming SLI students will automatically be enrolled in core courses. Elective course enrolment information and instructions are available on the SLI SharePoint site.
- Welcome Day: Wednesday, September 6, 2023. Meet our Dean, staff, faculty and students across both graduate units at the Dalla Lana School of Public Health – Public Health Sciences and the Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation. Learn about student supports from 9am-4pm. Details to follow
- Program specific orientation activities: The Graduate Assistant will be in touch to provide additional details.
- Research and Impact Day: IHPME’s annual student-led conference is the largest showcase of student work and provides our community with the opportunity to share, learn, recognize, and celebrate the exciting and impactful work of students across program disciplines. We encourage you to present your work during Research and Impact Day in Spring 2024.
- Moonshot brings together thought leaders in health policy and systems, and enables the IHPME community to network and celebrate its achievements and milestones. This event usually takes place in the Fall.