AI in Health Certificate
Helping You Make AI Happen in Healthcare
May 21, 2021–July 16, 2021
Time: 1:00–4:00 PM
- $1750 + hst early bird pricing (deadline: April 16, 2021, 11:59 p.m.)
- $1950 + hst regular pricing (deadline: May 7, 2021, 11:59 p.m.)
As a flagship component of an overarching Artificial Intelligence in the Health Sector initiative being championed at the Institute of Health Policy Management and Evaluation, the inaugural Artificial Intelligence in Health Certificate will launch in May 2021, with registration opening in March 2021.
This eight-week online certificate program will prepare learners to apply innovations in AI for health. Learners will gain an understanding of the fundamental concepts of AI, current applications and emerging trends of AI for health, and a practical understanding of how to implement AI for health in their own organizations through a case project.
Who Should Attend?
This program is applicable for health care providers, health administrators, health informatics professionals, and others across the health sectors (e.g., evaluators, researchers, etc.).
**Note** Learners should have at least two years of experience working in the health sector.
At the completion of this certificate program, learners will be able to:
- Define and apply fundamental concepts of AI, and describe current applications and emerging trends of AI for health
- Apply AI in health within their own organization through their case project
- Identify and assess opportunities, barriers, and limitations of AI in health and healthcare
- Apply relevant perspectives on the implementation of AI in health (ethics, policy, strategy, business, governance)
- Critically assess various business cases appropriate for AI initiatives within the healthcare context
- Assess the landscape of available data and governance of the data.
- Apply concepts of confidentiality, privacy, and security to health AI applications
- Utilize concepts related to Machine Learning, and how they can be applied to health and healthcare
Format of Program
Minimum 39 hours for a Certificate of Completion
- Virtual orientation: not part of hours counted
- At home pre-course work: define individual case study and submit: 1 hour
- At home pre-reading for each module: 0.5 hours X 7 modules: 3.5 hours
- 8 content modules (each module is 3 hours of synchronous learning) = 24 hours
- At home post- work: 1 hour of reflection questions X 7 modules (8th module will occur during last day) : 7 hours
- Presentation preparation on individual case = 5 hours
Total: 40.5 Hours
Canadian College of Health Leaders – Maintenance of Certification
MAINTENANCE OF CERTIFICATION
Attendance at this program entitles certified Canadian College of Health Leaders members (CHE / Fellow) to 10 Category II credits towards their maintenance of certification requirement.
May 21, 2021 (1- 4pm)
Module 1: Fundamentals of AI – Laura Rosella
May 28, 2021 (1- 4pm)
Module 2: Ethics and Policy of AI for Health – Jay Shaw & Alisa Grigorovich
June 4, 2021 (1- 4pm)
Module 3: AI Applications in Healthcare – Bo Wang
June 11, 2021 (1- 4pm)
Module 4: Health AI Strategies and Business Cases – Zaki Hakim & Michael Caesar
June 18, 2021 (1- 4pm)
Module 5: Data and Information Governance – Eric Sutherland
June 25, 2021 (1- 4pm)
Module 6: AI Implementation & Adoption – Zaki Hakim & Michael Caesar
***No session on July 2***
July 9, 2021 (1- 4pm)
Module 7: Practical Guide to Machine Learning – Ali Vahit Esensoy & Elham Dolatabadi
July 16, 2021 (1- 4pm)
Module 8: Learner presentations – Julia Zarb & Plinio Morita