health policy, health economics, health system performance, comparative health systems, population health, and equity in health and health care
Additional Recent Publications
- Deber, R., and Allin, S. (2014). Ontario: Changing policies, changing categories. In G. Marchildon and L. Di Matteo (Eds.) Bending the Cost Curve in Health Care. Toronto: University of Toronto Press, Forthcoming.
- Allin, S. and Rudoler, D. (2013). The Canadian Healthcare System: 2013. In S. Thomson et al (Eds) International Profiles of Health Care Systems. New York: The Commonwealth Fund.
- Marchildon, G, and Allin, S. (2012). Canada. In A. Israeli, B. Rosen, and S. Shortell (Eds.) Responsibility and Accountability in Health Care: Issues in Addressing an Emerging Global Challenge. Hackensack, NJ: World Scientific.
- Allin, S., and Masseria, C. (2012). Measuring access to health care in Europe. In A. McGuire and J. Costa-Font (Eds.), The LSE Companion to Health Policy. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Allin, S., and Laporte, A. (2011) Socioeconomic status and the use of medicines in the Ontario Public Drug Program, Canadian Public Policy, 37(4), 563-576.
- Marchildon, G, and Allin, S. (2011). Accountability in Canadian health care. In A. Israeli, B. Rosen, and S. Shortell (Eds.) Responsibility and Accountability in Health Care. Hackensack, NJ: World Scientific.
- Allin, S., Stabile, M., and Tuohy, C. (2010) Financing models for non-CHA services in Canada: lessons from local and international experiences with social insurance. Report commissioned by the Canadian Foundation for Healthcare Improvement.
- Allin, S., Masseria, C., and Mossialos E. (2010) Equity in health care use among older people in the United Kingdom: an analysis of panel data. Applied Economics, 43(18): 2229-2239.
- Allin, S., Dawson, D., Mullen, C., & Rudoler, D. (2019) Experiences with two-tier home care in Canada: A focus on inequalities in home care use by income in Ontario. In Colleen M. Flood & Bryan Thomas (Eds.) Is Two-Tier Health Care The Future? Ottawa: University of Ottawa Press
- Allin, S., Sherar, M., Peckham, A. and Marchildon, G. (2018) Province-Wide Services. North American Observatory on Health Systems and Policies. Rapid Review (No. 10).
- Peckham, A., Rudoler, D., Bhatia, D., Fakim, S., Allin, S., and Marchildon, G. (2018) Accountable Care Organizations and the Canadian Context. North American Observatory on Health Systems and Policies. Rapid Review (No. 9).
- Allin, S., Davidson, M.J., Denny, K., O’Toole, D. (2018) The Role of Performance Data and Information in Driving and Supporting Health System Innovation. In A. Scott Carson and Kim Richard Nossal (Eds.) A Canadian Healthcare Innovation Agenda: Policy, Governance, and Strategy. Montréal and Kingston: McGill-Queen’s University Press, Queen’s Policy Studies Series.
Primary care reform and medication appropriateness for seniors: A comparative study of two provinces. Co-PI. Project Grant, 2017-2020