[HAD6501H] Introduction to Methods/Methodologies for HPER
This course will expose students to the variety of research methodologies and methods used in HPE research that are influenced by the theories underlying Cognitive, Behavioural & Epidemiological sciences.
- Describe common Cognitive, Behavioural & Epidemiological Sciences research methodologies
- Identify appropriate methodologies to guide strong HPE research questions
- Identify appropriate data collection and analysis approaches for HPE research questions.
- Draft, present, and justify a research proposal consistent with expectations in the Cognitive, Behavioural & Epidemiological sciences.
The assessment for the course will consist of 4 parts:
- Participation in class discussion & group work (based on assigned readings)
- Research Proposal draft (max 3 pages single spaced)
- Research Proposal edited based on instructor feedback (max 5 pages single spaced)
- Research Proposal Presentation