Advancing the science of knowledge translation; advancing systematic review methods including those for complex interventions; mentorship; geriatric medicine; capacity building; optimising quality of patient care
She holds a Tier 1 Canada Research Chair in Knowledge Translation and Quality of Care and has authored >400 publications and 3 textbooks in evidence-based medicine, knowledge translation and mentorship. She is in the top 1% of highly cited clinical researchers as per Web of Science. She received national awards for mentorship, research and education. She was elected to the Canadian Academy of Health Sciences and the College of New Scholars, Royal Society of Canada. She has led several national research and training initiatives including KT Canada and the CIHR-funded team grant for network meta-analysis for the Drug Safety and Effectiveness Network. She leads KT for several national and international groups such as the Canadian Task Force on Preventive Health Care. She is the PI for a WHO/CIHR/UN-funded initiative to optimise guideline implementation in low and middle income countries.
- Scientist, Keenan Research Centre of the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute of St. Michael’s Hospital
- Director, Knowledge Translation Program, Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute at St. Michael’s Hospital and University of Toronto
- Researcher, University Health Network
- Physician-in-Chief, Department of Medicine, St. Michael’s Hospital
- Professor, Geriatric Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Toronto
This research project aims to evaluate the interpretation of network meta-analysis (NMA) results according to different minimal clinically important difference (MCID) thresholds.