Asthma epidemiology and surveillance, clinical effectiveness, technology assessment / drug utilization, health service delivery, health research methods, children's health.
- Investigator Award, Canadian Institute for Health Research (CIHR) / Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (2001-2006).
- Arnold Naimark Feature Symposium Award, CIHR National Research Forum for Young Investigators in Circulatory and Respiratory Health (2006).
- Dales Award in Medical Research, University of Toronto, Life Sciences Committee (2008-2011).
- Eminent Scientist of the Year 2008 International Award in the field of Pediatrics and Community Health Research, World Scientists Forum (2008).
- Eugenie Stuart Award for Excellence in MSc/PhD Thesis Supervision, Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation, University of Toronto (2012).
- Senior Adjunct Scientist, Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences
- Senior Scientist, Research Institute, The Hospital for Sick Children
- Professor, Dalla Lana School of Public Health, U of T
- Professor, Institute of Medical Sciences, U of T
Thesis Supervision (2011+)
- Frances Elinor Simons. The Timing of Modifiable Environmental Exposures During Childhood Affects the Age of Asthma Development (2015)
- Dhenuka Kannan Radhakrishnan. Examining Trends in the Incidence of Asthma in Children in Ontario (2013)