Asthma epidemiology and surveillance, clinical effectiveness, technology assessment / drug utilization, health service delivery, health research methods, children’s health.
- Lifetime Mentoring Achievement Award, AllerGen NCE Inc (2022-2023)
- Canada Research Chair, Tier-1, Canadian Institute of Health Research (CIHR, 2020-2027)
- Anthony Miller Research Excellence Award, University of Toronto (2017-2018)
- Meritorious Service Award, Ontario Lung Association and Ontario Thoracic Society (2016-2017)
- Investigator Award, Canadian Institute for Health Research (CIHR) / Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (2001-2006).
- Arnold Naimark Feature Symposium Award, CIHR National Research Forum for Young Investigators in Circulatory and Respiratory Health (2006).
- Dales Award in Medical Research, University of Toronto, Life Sciences Committee (2008-2011).
- Eminent Scientist of the Year 2008 International Award in the field of Pediatrics and Community Health Research, World Scientists Forum (2008).
- Eugenie Stuart Award for Excellence in MSc/PhD Thesis Supervision, Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation, University of Toronto (2012).
- Senior Adjunct Scientist, Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences
- Senior Scientist, Research Institute, The Hospital for Sick Children
- Professor, Dalla Lana School of Public Health, U of T
- Professor, Institute of Medical Sciences, U of T
The Canadian COVID-19 Prospective Cohort Study (CANCOV) is a platform observational study that provides a comprehensive evaluation of early to 2-year outcomes in patients with COVID-19 and their family caregivers.