Dr. Razak is an internist at St Michael’s Hospital (Unity Health Toronto), and Canada Research Chair in Healthcare Data and Analytics at the University of Toronto. He co-founded GEMINI (https://
Dr. Razak completed a degree in Engineering Science and Medical Doctorate at the University of Toronto. He was the first physician appointed as the David E. Bell Fellow at Harvard University. Notable recognitions include the President’s Impact Award from the University of Toronto, Graham Farquharson Knowledge Translation Fellowship from the PSI Foundation, and the Canadian Society of Internal Medicine’s New Investigator Award; He has received >$65 million in grant funding as Principal Investigator, has published >100 peer-reviewed publications (h-index 34, >50 as first/senior author), and is on the advisory board of the BMJ.
Dr. Razak has been primary supervisor of research projects for >40 trainees, resulting in >50 peer-reviewed publications with trainees as co-author. He received the Teaching Award for Excellence and the Dr. Robert Sargeant Award for mentorship at the University of Toronto.
- Internist, St Michael’s Hospital
- Associate Professor, Faculty of Medicine & Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation, University of Toronto
- Research Scientist, Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute
- Provincial Lead, Quality Improvement in General Medicine, Ontario Health
- Senior Fellow, Massey College
- Canada Research Chair in Healthcare Data and Analytics, University of Toronto
The Canadian COVID-19 Prospective Cohort Study (CANCOV) is a platform observational study that provides a comprehensive evaluation of early to 2-year outcomes in patients with COVID-19 and their family caregivers.