Admission Requirements – QIPS
Successful applicants are required to have some QI experience with an excellent record of scholarship and an aptitude for quality improvement and patient safety. Applicants should have graduated from a 4-year undergraduate program with at least a B+ standing in the last two years of study from an accredited university. Due to the nature of the program, preference will normally be given to applicants with Canadian or permanent resident status within Canada, who are employed and who can apply a quality improvement or patient safety project in a work-place setting.
As part of the online application process, two confidential letters of reference from academic and/or professional supervisors are to be submitted that indicate to the admissions committee the applicant’s academic ability and career aspirations and a comment on the student’s potential benefit from the Quality Improvement and Patient Safety concentration. Applicants must also scan and upload their transcripts to the application website. Original transcripts will be requested to be provided at the time of interview.
Applicants are requested to provide a Curriculum Vitae and a statement of intent that outlines their aspirations, learning goals, research interests, and experience relevant to quality improvement and patient safety. The statement of intent should not be more than 1.5 pages in length.
Please note application instructions for new online application site.
- First-time applicants, click the link to Create an Account to begin your application. A verification code will be sent via email as part of the account creation process. On entering your verification code, you will be required to create a password for your account.
- You may save and return to the application at any point in the process.
- You are required to enter details for 2 referees who will automatically receive a notification email requesting them to complete a reference for your application with instructions on how to submit their references via the application system.
- To change your referees, please contact the graduate administrator of the program you are applying to.
- You may send a reminder email to your existing referees through your applicant portal after submitting your application.
- To view the status of your application, including outstanding requirements, please log in to your account on the applicant status portal.
- You may upload application materials, including unofficial transcripts, etc., through the portal after submitting your application.