This course will provide a general introduction to the science of evaluation and prepare students for more advanced courses. Students will acquire foundational and theoretical knowledge (via lectures and readings) and practical skills (tutorials and group project) about program evaluation. Students will learn about different evaluation frameworks, designs for program evaluation, research methods (qualitative, quantitative, mixed) and the strengths and limitations of different approaches.
- Understand the theoretical and practical underpinnings of evaluation science.
- Learn about key considerations for different evaluation types and frameworks.
- Appreciate the limitations and challenges of different approaches to evaluation.
- Acquire foundational, theoretical and practical knowledge in preparation for more advanced courses.
- Individual presentation
- Group project presentation
- Group project report
- Course participation
- Date: to Time: Wed –