The MSc SLI concentration provides a solid foundation in system leadership and innovation theory, practice, and research methods.
Students will explore how innovation can be developed and implemented and how to systematically assess the impact of change on all aspects of the healthcare systems. Graduates of this program will feel equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge to shape and transform health systems in Canada and around the world.
Entry Term: Summer
Accepting Applications: September 23rd, 2022
Application Deadline: January 30, 2023
Program Options: Course-based + Capstone project
Study Options: Part-time, students requiring full-time study option should consult with firstname.lastname@example.org.
Time Commitment: 16-20 months part-time (can still continue work or medical school)
Employment: Students must be employed and able to undertake a comprehensive quality improvement/patient safety project with executive sponsorship in their organization.
Who should apply? Emerging clinician leaders with a focus on leading transformative change in the healthcare system.
What you’ll learn:
The SLI program is based on a set of conceptual, methodological, organizational and ethical competencies related to health systems science that will enable program graduates to appropriately and effectively address complex challenges and lead socially responsible health system transformation. SLI provides a strong foundation in:
- Innovative thinking for health policy and health systems
- Complexity science
- Data analytics
- Strategy and leadership methods for scaling up innovation
What you’ll experience:
The capstone project provides students with an opportunity to apply innovative technologies, management techniques, and business models to address a specific health system performance challenge. The capstone opportunity is aimed to provide students with skills related to:
- Develop expertise in a particular health systems area, understanding the social, political and economic context
- Gain an understanding of the local context for implementing healthcare innovation
- Develop working relationships with stakeholders to define the innovation challenge and develop an appropriate solution set
- Build leadership skills in disciplined problem analysis, stakeholder management, innovation design, business plan preparation, solution development, validation, presentation and public speaking, performance evaluation of tasks and managing people and expectation
Finance Your Degree
At IHPME, we offer a variety of financial supports to help you succeed in our graduate programs.
SLI Program Assistant
Phone Number: 416-946-8542
Email Address: email@example.com
Manages the SLI courses including enrolment, grades, and access to Quercus
Phone Number: (416) 946-3486
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coordinates student records, graduate funding, and student-related awards
Phone Number: (416) 946-4100
Email Address: email@example.com
Coordinates various graduate initiatives including defences, student events, and graduation
Phone Number: (416) 978-1108
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coordinates details involving student placement and experiential learning