Admission Requirements – MHI
Students entering the MHI program will register in the Institute of Health Policy, Management, and Evaluation. Candidates will be admitted to the MHI under the general regulations of the School of Graduate Studies.
Required background includes:
- an appropriate four year undergraduate degree (e.g., Health Sciences or Social Sciences specialty, Regulated Health Professions in Ontario, Computer Science or Information Science Specialty) or its equivalent, from a recognized university. A B+ average in the last academic year is required.
- demonstrated English language proficiency.
Preference will be given to candidates with relevant professional experience, e.g.,
- health services professionals (e.g., manager or administrator),
- health sciences/clinical practitioners with demonstrated basic project or team management and literacy in health informatics applications
- computer or information technologists and specialists within a health care setting or health software vendor.
For more information visit the MHI FAQS.
- The application process includes supplying email addresses of two referees, and uploading a CV, a letter of intent and a scan of transcripts.
- Letters of intent should demonstrate how you have developed a vision and understanding of health informatics through your own life and career experiences.