The University of Toronto Chapter of the Institute for Healthcare Improvement Open School (UT IHI) first held the Quality Improvement and Patient Safety (QuIPS) Conference in 2011. Now in its fifth year, QuIPS is an inter-disciplinary conference focused on quality improvement and patient safety held in the heart of downtown Toronto. Up to two hundred students and healthcare professionals from the greater Toronto area and beyond are expected to gather for this conference. Here they have the opportunity to contribute to discussions of healthcare improvement and to network with peers, collaborators and potential employers.
The theme of the 2015 QuIPS conference is ‘Efficiency‘. The conference aims to:
- Highlight the concept of efficiency and define its constructs
- Explore “doing the right thing” with limited resources
- Explore concepts of “quality”, “cost”, and “value” within healthcare
QuIPS will allow attendees to hear from some of healthcare’s most innovative and influential leaders. Furthermore, interactive workshops will provide attendees a glimpse into various quality improvement practices in healthcare.Those who participate will be empowered with tools to facilitate positive change in healthcare. They will be capable of influencing the lives of patients and society through effective administration, policy, research and practice.
UofT Chapter of IHI Open School (UTIHI)
UTIHI was created in 2009 to serve as a local chapter for the Institute of Healthcare Improvement (IHI), the world’s foremost organization in healthcare quality improvement, based out of Cambridge, MA. Our goal is to ensure that Quality Improvement (QI) and Patient Safety (PS) education and inter-professional collaboration are not only emphasized, but integrated throughout healthcare professional training. For more details of our organization, please visit www.utihiopenschool.ca
– Mr. Steven Lewis (Canadian Health Policy Expert)
– Dr. Jeffrey Hoch (Associate Professor at IHPME and Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto)
– Dr. Chris Hayes (Medical director of Quality and Patient Safety at St. Michael’s Hospital)
– Dr. Raisa Deber (Professor at IHPME, University of Toronto) – Mr. Michael Villeneuve (Lecturer, Faculty of Nursing, University of Toronto)
– Mr. Michael Villeneuve (Lecturer, Faculty of Nursing, University of Toronto)
QuIPS 2015 Poster
Li Ka Shing Institute at St. Michael’s Hospital
This event is worth a Red IPE Credit.
Check out the schedule and read up on the fabulous keynote speakers by exploring the menus on the QuIPS website.
Don’t forget to register for your spot at QuIPS! Submit your abstracts early!
Sign up for IHPME Connect.
Keep up to date with IHPME’s News & Research, Events & Program, Recognition, e-newsletter.
Get in Contact
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Manages all IHPME-wide communications and marketing initiatives, including events and announcements.