Innovation. Knowledge Translation.
Program Director: Audrey Laporte
IHPME offers the largest graduate program in health services research in English Canada. Health Services Research is offered as a concentration at both the Master of Science and Doctoral level, preparing health services researchers for academic, research and planning positions in both the public and private sectors.
Forging a strong interdisciplinary base for health services research, the graduate program combines intensive graduate training in health services research with advanced training in academic disciplines such as economics, industrial relations, law, financial and human resources management, epidemiology, organizational behavior, political science, sociology and information studies.
Diverse and Emerging Fields of Research
The MSc and PhD (Health Services Research concentration) are highly interdisciplinary, designed to expose students to the full breadth and depth of health services research. Primary areas of study include:
- Health Policy
- Health Services Outcomes and Evaluation
- Health Informatics Research
- Health Economics
- Health Technology Assessment
- Health Services Organization and Management
A secondary area of study is Knowledge Translation.
Our ongoing international reputation is a result of student, faculty and alumni collaborations throughout the healthcare world.
- A stimulating environment that actively engages students in research with preeminent health service researchers.
- A high rate of successful scholarships, award applications and peer reviewed publications among students.
- Prominent alumni. Our graduates hold positions in prestigious academic, research and health care policy institutions throughout North America and internationally.
Welcome to Health Services Research Scholars.
Applicants must have an excellent record of scholarship and an aptitude for health services research. Research excellence is achieved by selecting only the very best applicants and by structuring the graduate program to ensure that each entrant receives customized and extensive grounding in health services research methods pertinent to their area of study.